Sunday, December 23, 2012

Break ups

Okay so I have done this myself, every time I get a broken heart what I do is go on google and figure out how to handle it. The weird thing is I can handle anything God throws at me but one thing I do not do well is breaking up. Yeah, I usually go to google for everything to see what others have to say but I will try to be the one helping people instead now. So for those of you who have ever gotten a broken heart or have one right now and are lost on what to do and just need help understanding why... here I am to help. And please feel free to comment or send a message to me Kassiedouglas@gmail.com if you want somebody to talk to who understands. And if you have any questions please comment and I will be happy to answer :). Anyway I also know how it feels to look something up and read all this other bull crap you really don't feel like going through you wish people would just get to the point and also some of the information people give you is unreal and you have no way of doing it so here you go...
    What do you do when you feel in love with someone and things seem to be going great and all of a sudden the person ends it with you? I know how you're feeling there. At first you just go into shock like did it really just end? And after the shock and you realize it's really over between us that is when the crying and depression starts... you really love the person and you can't understand what you did to them to make them want to end it. Of course the person says it's not your fault its mine but really how many times have you heard that one before? When they say that you still can't help but think this is all my fault I should have done this or I should have done that... well STOP!! Stop right now thinking those thoughts, stop blaiming yourself. So what maybe you did make a mistake or 2 but if the person really loved you and cared about you they would have worked things out. It clearly shows they didn't deserve you and now that it's over you can go out and find somebody knew, find somebody who will actually treat you good. I know that seems extremely hard.. I've been there done that. The first time the guy ended it with me, my friend Daphnee said we are going on my facebook and finding you a new guy.. my heart ached I thought I don't want somebody else I don't want somebody knew all I want is him back. Well sorry to get your hopes up but that isn't going to happen.. and really do you want to go back and date someone who doesn't feel the same way you do? What if they hurt you again, it happens. You think I will treat them better then I did before, I tried that... but the feelings still weren't there anymore. I am sorry to get your hopes up but think realistically here they ended it once for some reason it obviously means they don't want you anymore or care about you like they did before it is time to move on. And YES  it takes time, usually a month or a couple months and sometimes only a week or so if you felt so in love with them but you will move on. You think you will never love another person again or love like you did before but that's not true. There is a mate for everybody out there you just haven't met him yet so don't get your hopes up, keep trying. The part that is true to what I said, love like you did before you will never love another person the same way you loved the last one. Because all love you feel is different. I mean the love you feel for the next person may be deeper love, truer love, and feel even greater then what you had before. Whatever, however you feel though don't give up hope. I know right now it may hurt but I promise you it DOES get better and you DO move on.
    What to do after realization hits you in the face...
         1.  Accept the fact that it is over. I know that's hard to do but you need to realize it is over between us.. something wasn't working out and that is that. Don't beg for the person back, don't try your hardest to try and win there love. It isn't worth it in the end... they WILL break your heart again... it happened once what's stopping them from doing it again. Sorry for now sugar coating it but this is reality.
        2.Destroy everything that they gave you and that reminds you of them. I mean it destroy it all, burn it if that makes you happy. An ex boyfriend of mine I through everything he gave me and all pictures of us into the fire. It actually made me feel ten times better to do that. So have fun and you can roast marshmallows if you wanted to ha,ha.
       3. Get a box of tissues and tons of chocolate. I'm not saying sit in bed for days on end crying but it is alright if you cry for a day or two just to let out all your emotions, for a day you just need to be alone it's quite understandable so just lay in bed and relax. But when those 2 days are up you must call up a friend and go hang out somewhere, NEVER stay alone! And don't shut out your friends, in this time you really need them especially to talk to and stuff. I learned that going to my friend Daphnee's house and talking to her, spending time with her family I felt much better afterwards.
     4. Start looking at other guys and checking out your options. Go to the mall with your friends, interact and talk with more people at school or work. Get to know people, heck if you don't find a guy at least you'll make more friends. But you must start getting out and seeing new people. And you never know you will meet a guy and fall in love and forget all about the other one :). True story! lol  STOP!! stop thinking about the past, take a deep breath right now and just let out all of your emotions. Think about the present moment. Thats all you need to think about is the present moment..
     5. STOP!! stop thinking about the past, take a deep breath right now and just let out all of your emotions. Think about the present moment. Thats all you need to think about is the present moment..
     6.  Take a little vacation, no I don't mean head to Florida enjoy the sunshine and the beach. I just mean take a little vacation where you live. If you have a riverfront or a beach there just go out and spend a day looking up at the sky and enjoying the clouds (unless it rainy and snowy out). And in that case if it's too crappy to go out then stay home. Watch a little kids show or a movie, if you think that just brings back memories then take a vacation in your mind. Go through old photographs when you were a kid, think about them good old days before you had problems with men/women.
     7. This is something that I have been doing the past year. I know how it feels in those moments where you think you can't do anything without them. You think now that the person is gone your never going to do that again. Well here is something you should do, all those places that you and the person went I want you to go to each and every one of them, not on your own of course unless you feel it's best but with a friend or a family member. Then in your head you will think wow I did this without them, because I know there are certain places that felt special to you, where you and him spent time together created memories, well now it's time to start creating your own memories and realize you can make it without them.
       Since I am weird about these things I never like to leave anything on an odd number so here is just a random one you could use.
    8. Avoid him! If your in school and you know where his classes are change the direction you go. Walk in a different hallway than he does, because I tell you what if you see him walking with another girl it stings you really bad and you break down then and there... If you go to work with the man try to look the other way, or don't keep your eyes on him try focusing on something else. If he has a facebook or a gmail or you have his number. Block him, don't delete him if he sends you messages wanting to come back to you, and your still not over him your going to say yes. I know it's hard but you must block the guy and delete his number so you can't contact him and he can't come back to you. If he tries tell him you moved on now, and you met someone better so stay away. Unless you want to be friends with him after awhile, but I know I tried that as well and you can never be friend's again with your ex.
Anyway there you go everyone who needs it. I hope I helped you but if you have any questions feel free to contact me!!! :) 
     
       

No comments:

Post a Comment